- Small (30 pounds or less)
Carry the dog in your arms.
1. Cradle the
dog in your arm.
2. Place your hand around the dog's front legs, with two or
three fingers between the legs.
3. Hold the legs as you walk.
4. The injured side should be against your body.
the dog in a box or carrier.
- Medium or Large
1. Place one arm under and around the neck.
2. Cup the other arm behind the hind legs (if you suspect
3. Cup the other arm under the belly (if you suspect
Carry the small-dog techniques.
1. Grasp the loose skin behind the cat's neck with one hand.
2. Support the cat's body with your other hand.
Cats should be transported in a
box or carrier of some kind because they
frighten easily and may jump out of your arms.